Sunday, August 30, 2009

FUN IN NATURE!

We decided to take a walk on the green belt to see the river and the pretty vegetation. We had a great time and saw lots of pretty flowers. On the way back, Daniel and Eli saw some wild minks on the side of the river and got down on some rocks to get a better look. I also went down there and got a few pictures of them. In the mean time, Eli must have disturbed a wasp nest and he started getting attacked! Daniel and I ran up the little hill and we got attacked also! We ran like mad out of there and luckily Kaylynn and Liam didn't get bit. I didn't realize how painful those little buggers can be! Eli was bit 3 times, Daniel twice, and I had 2 on my knee. We made our way back to our car and quickly put some baking soda on our wounds when we got home. Within minutes, Eli and Daniel felt better, but mine throbbed all night and by the next morning, was swollen and feverish. The redness and swelling then started moving down my leg so I ended up at the doctor for some antibiotics and a heavy duty dose of antihistamine. The funny thing about this whole fiasco is that I am usually the one to get rid of the wasp nests around, and I turn out to be the one that is allergic to them!!! Go figure!!!
Liam striking a pose on a tree.
On the trail
Sword fighting with sticks!
Kaylynnylou!
A mink playing peek-a-boo!
Some pictures of the pretty flowers!
This snap dragon is actually in our front yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment